DIY Rainbow Oats Sensory Box is a way to get kids familiar with texture using some stale oats, food coloring and water. This activity is meant for sensory play for children 2 and up.
- Step 1: Dump a good amount of stale oats into a bag.
- Step 2: Separately, mix food coloring and water together. Then, add the solution into the bag of oats.
- Step 3: Smash the oats to color them.
- Step 4: Place into a large dish.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 1 through 4, using different colors of dye.
- Step 4: Place all of the different colored oats into a large box.
- Step 5: Take the box of oats outside and place it on a towel (to avoid a mess).
- Step 6: Have the child play with the oats, feeling individual oats, moulding them, feeling them slide through their fingers.